Wednesday, January 9, 2008


The Hewlett-Packard company founded by Bill Hewlett and David Packard in 1939 is now the world's BIGGEST technology vendor being the first IT company to report revenues exceeding USD100 billion (USD104 billion in 2007).

Okay, you're probably wondering why in the world I am bothering to blog about HP.

I bought a new notebook on the 8th of December 2007. The HP Pavilion dv2715tx which I am utterly pleased with in terms of specifications, design and aesthetics. I really think HP did a fantastic job engineering this work out art.

However, exactly a month after utilizing the notebook, when I tried burning an audio CD for the first time, after several attempts, the burning process seemed to halt when it was approximately 30% complete. So I was a little disheartened and disappointed because my product was malfunctioning.

I brought it to the HP service center which is located next to my college at HP Towers, Jalan Gelenggang. This was when my simple, but impressive HP experience began.

I was very pleased to see that they had ample parking spaces that did not require a parking fee for HP patrons. Moreover, the parking spaces were only a stone's throw away from entrance to the service centre.

As I entered the building, and looked for the contraption that was supposed to print a number out for you, I was greeted by a young Malay chap who saw me carrying my notebook and beckoned me to a machine with a touch screen. He then moved to press the necessary button for me and gave me a form to fill my particulars up.

However, before I filled my particulars in, my number was called. Due to the fact that I was distracted by filling the form in, the kind gentleman I earlier spoke about notified me that it was my turn.

At the counter, I was greeted by a nice Malay lady by the name of Cik Wahida. She wished me good morning with a nice smile and asked for my unit and also for me to describe the problem to her. As I described the problem, she listened intently and made a few notes on a form which she later asked me to continue filling with my contact and some personal details.

Before I knew it, she was typing some information into her computer and after a few clicks, her sticker printer machine printed out 4 stickers and she then moved to stick two stickers to my job sheet and another two onto my notebook.

She advised me on the numbers to call and what reference number to give if I would like to update myself on the status of my notebook.

I walked out of the service center with a smile on my face knowing that my product would be in good hands and that I was given good and high quality service.

From it's humble beginning in Palo Alto, California all those years ago by Bill and David to it's position where it is now, I would like to congratulate HP on making my experience with them an enjoyable one.

Kudos!

No comments: